Make a Payment
History of German Mutual
What to do if your dog bites someone:
What's an owner to do?
- Restrain the dog immediately.
- Call 911 if medical attention is needed.
- Check on the condition of the victim.
- Report the bite to your insurance company.
- Children make up more than 65% of all dog bite victims. Other high risk groups include meter readers, mail carriers, and delivery people.
- Do not select breeds of dogs that historically have the urge to bite or fight.
- Make sure your dog feels at ease around people and other animals.
- If you are not sure how your dog will react to a situation, be cautious.
- Do not put a dog in a situation where he or she feels threatened or teased.
- Do not play aggressive games with your pet.
- It is very important that your dog is healthy and is vaccinated against rabies and other infectious diseases every year.