What to do After a Loss to Your Home or Property
Property losses are not always pleasant, but they will happen. Knowing what to do after a loss occurs can make the experience less stressful and decrease the chance of complications.
After a property loss:
- Report the loss to your agent immediately
- Protect the property from further damage
- Make reasonable temporary repairs
- If the loss involves a theft or vandalism notify the police immediately
- Prepare an inventory list and a description of the damaged property